Alvin! Aaron! Chern Wei! Wai Lumn! Liang En! Yong Zi! Adrian! Katrina! Niklas! Jane! Irvin! Chia Ming! Kai Herng! Jaime! Sean! Benjamin! Shir Li! Andrew! Jin Rong! Miao Jing! Soon Huat!


Friday, 9 March 2012

my attempt to revive the blog

hello guys :) I had once thought of sending out a default list of questions for pple to answer in the form of a blogpost on the class blog just so that everyone can kind of update each other on what's going on in their lives... but it didn't happen. haha. anw, I decided to just finally post something, hopefully this triggers something more =)


So it's my last semester here at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. In the blink of an eye I'm already at the midpoint. once in a while I look ahead and I feel prepared to come back and make the transition into work, and once in a while I wish I can continue to remain a kid and just have fun here without the added responsibility of being financially independent. 


So many things have happened in the short span of a few months, and even more things have happened in the past four years of university life. It has been such a great time of learning for me. I haven't exactly been the most garang in terms of travelling the world, but I can say that I have done almost everything that I've wanted to do here, and I am satisfied with all the experiences I have had, and all the wonderful people I have gotten to know. I wouldn't add or take anything away from it all, both good and bad times, because I feel that they have shaped me so much. Some of the fond memories I'll leave with include my involvement with the Singapore Students Association here, my involvement with a Christian Fellowship and in leading a bible study among the Singaporeans, volunteering with the Daily Bread Soup Kitchen, meeting pple in alcohol rehab and working with them to build houses, singing a solo on stage for the first time in my life in my first semester, spending 3 years with my best friend from Nanyang, going to 6 Flags theme park twice, epic road trips to South Dakota and trips to New Orleans etc. This semester is my last and free-est, but it seems like the fun hasn't ended. I'm still having a ball of a time, spending so much more time with friends than I have ever done in the past few years here. 


a picture of the bunch of friends I got to be a part of this semester. A random monday night in my apartment with homemade sushi/sashimi. super epic.
It will be interesting to see how much we have all changed after all this while, and as we all transition into work. I, for one, hope I don't die too badly >< Other than that, I hope that I won't lose myself in that new phase of life, and that I'll remember to chill and take time to find myself when work gets a bit too much =)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

announcements


tagboards